Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

TUBE does not intersect properly to other elements

Joachim Suehlo
Advisor
I am working on an object that needs to have different straight and curved extruded profiles. The only suitable command seems to be TUBE.

The object needs to intersect properly to other ArchiCAD elements like slabs or walls; every other GDL command cuts properly with those elements without showing any intersection or contact line, but TUBE does.
The instersection lines seem not to be possible to be removed; I have got this problem with different objects using TUBE since years, but I cannot find a solution.

Does anyone have an idea?
Joachim Suehlo . AC12-27 . MAC OSX 13.5 . WIN11
GDL object creation: b-prisma.de
3 REPLIES 3
Frank Beister
Advisor
Before you look to the lines, have a look at the surface too. I mentioned, when programming a bath tube, that same orientated surfaces of prism and tube do not look in the same colour. In openGL and Rendering. Could be an additional problem.

Sorry for no ideas to the line problem. I do not have a solution with it. Have you tried to substitute with sweep?
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
Barry Kelly
Joachim,
Can you post a screen shot of what you mean?
There are masking values that can turn on or off the base and top (end) surfaces and edges.
I sometimes use GROUPs to create accurate connections between curved surfaces.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Joachim Suehlo
Advisor
Barry:
see a screenshot of what I mean.
- Mask Values have nothing to do with the clean intersection between an object and an ArchiCAD tool like a wall
- A Prism with no mask values insects clean with a wall, if he has the same material (it does not intersect clean, if you use invisible edges defined by mask!)
- TUBE never intersects clean with a wall, if you use mask values or not
- I cannot define groups between a wall and a TUBE-object; SEOs do not make it better.
Joachim Suehlo . AC12-27 . MAC OSX 13.5 . WIN11
GDL object creation: b-prisma.de