Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Tab Bar Missing? (AC20 Build 3012)

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm using AC20 Build 3012 (full commercial version) on a PC with Windows 10. For whatever reason, I don't have the tab bar so I have to keep switching back and forth between views through the "Window" menu.

Typically you'd get your tab bar by going to Window>Show/Hide Tab Bar, and you can set your tab bar preferences under 'More Options' in your work environment settings.

Neither of these options are available to me. It's not that they're greyed out, they're just literally not in any of the menus.

How do I get my tab bar up?? TIA!
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
jackiebiswas:

The Show/Hide Tab Bar command could be missing from your Work Environment (particularly if your WE was imported from an earlier version), so check Work Environment > Command Layout Schemes > Menus > Window to see if it is there. The current AC20 build is 8005, the Library Build Number is 3010.2, so check if your build is up to date.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Barry Kelly
Yes, just load the standard 20 Work Environment.
Try not to use custom WE from older versions, as the new commands may be missing.
It is best to re-create your custom WE for each version if you need to.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11