BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Tab bar not showing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

We have just installed a new iMac and archiCAD 19.
But I can't find how to show the new feature called tab bar. I've set my old environmental settings to have the same screen and shortcuts but now the tab bar is lost.

Does anyone know how to switch it on?
In the guide they tell to go to more options in the environment settings but I can't find it there...

Thx!
Charlotte
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly
Charlotte wrote:
I've set my old environmental settings to have the same screen and shortcuts but now the tab bar is lost.
That is your problem.
Your old Work Environment does not contain the new commands.
You will either have to add them in yourself to your custom WE or use the new default WE and add your own customizations again.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Do I understand correctly: I have to start from scratch en I have to make all my shortcuts again?

I don't understand the first option I think. How can I add them in my custom WE?

Charlotte
DGSketcher
Legend
If you go to the top menu bar and click on "Window" about four lines down you should hopefully see "Show Tab Bar".
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Charlotte wrote:
Do I understand correctly: I have to start from scratch en I have to make all my shortcuts again?
I don't understand the first option I think. How can I add them in my custom WE?
You can import your old WE, then add the new commands to it: Work Environment > Command Layout Schemes > Menus. It can be helpful to apply the standard WE, see where the command you want is in the menu structure so you can identify it to add to your WE. In the Help files see: User Interface Reference > Dialog Boxes > Work Environment Dialog Box > Menu Customization Dialog Box.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Barry Kelly
Every time a new Archicad comes out I open two instances of it.
In one I load the standard (new) WE and in the other I load my custom WE.
I then compare the two side by side - two monitors or two separate machines helps a lot with this.

Then compare the new with your custom going through all the new settings, menus, toolbars, keyboard shortcuts etc.

You simply have the choice of adding your custom settings to the new WE and then saving it as your custom WE or adding the new features to your custom WE.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Like Barry I find the easiest method to be re-creating my workenvironment from the new default one. It's easy to miss one or two new commands by adding them to the old version import.

The only thing I allways import are my keyboard shortcuts, these don't interfere much with new features and I have a few custom shortcuts.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!