Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Telescopic doors for non DACH users

insideru
Advocate
I just found out, after quite some looking around, that telescopic doors exist in archicad, but only in the DACH library. I was wondering if there is an easy way of getting the door from that library onto the INT one i am using.

Can you just export an embedded library object to a gsm to then use it in other projects?

PS: I tried getting the DACH library, but apparently i need to download and install a DACH version of archicad, which i'd rather not do.
ARCHICAD 27 INT
macOS Sonoma
9 REPLIES 9
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
insideru:

Adding the Door to the project might work, but if the Door calls Macros (and in the US Library the Doors & Windows are very Macro dependant), then they will be needed also. I would not add the Door to the INT Library, I would create a new folder with the Door (and Macros if needed) and add the Door as a separate Library via the Library Manager.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
insideru
Advocate
Thats what the whole purpose of this thread is David, i kinda don't know how to do that
ARCHICAD 27 INT
macOS Sonoma
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
insideru:

It will not be easy. You need to first get the Library with the Door you want, then, since it is probably a .lcf file, expand it (like unzipping a file). Add the Door you want from that .lcf file to your project (via Embedded Library or new Library folder), place the Door in a Wall, then select and view that Door in 3D. If there are missing Macros, error messages will appear, note the names of the missing Macros. Now go back to the expanded .lcf file and find those Macros and add them to your project.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
insideru
Advocate
Cheers for the help David,

Will try to meddle with it this weekend, i'll get back with the results.
ARCHICAD 27 INT
macOS Sonoma
insideru
Advocate
I think i made it.

Dunno if it's against the rules to post this, if it is just delete it.

Here are the 2 Telescopic doors for those who seek to use them, like me, but can't.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uk82pstf2u2im0b/GER%20telescopic%20doors.zip?dl=0

Just extract to a folder and add that whole folder to your library.

PS: The objects come from the GER version, so they are in german.
ARCHICAD 27 INT
macOS Sonoma
Nader Belal
Mentor
Well done insideru
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
alemanda
Advocate
thanks. It was a time saver.
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
thanks insideru!
Mac OSX 13.6.4 | AC 26 INT 3001 FULL
insideru
Advocate
I am in the process of upgrading to AC24, so first thing i wanted to do is to update the Telescopic Doors from the AC 24 GER library (i've been using the ones in this thread ever since).

If anyone wishes to use them as well, here's a link:

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0ZwpHt6D47Q4RSWErSDfxcvkg#Telescopic_Doors_24
ARCHICAD 27 INT
macOS Sonoma