Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Text I/O Add-on - ArchiCAD 19 - OSX El Capitan 10.11.6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,

I'm experiencing errors with the ArchiCAD 19 Data and Text I/O Add-ons not being able to create files or open files for appending or overwriting in OSX El Capitan 10.11.6 and the latest version of OSX Sierra.

The following code fails to create a file or open an exisiting txt file:

ch = OPEN ("text", "/Users/devbox2/Desktop/Export_Test/test.txt", "SEPARATOR=';', MODE = WO")

Error message:
<---
Create error while operating on file '/Users/devbox2/Desktop/Export_Test/test.txt'.

Nonexistent channel at line 20 in the 2D script of file ExportTestLine.gsm. (OBJ-03)
--->

If the 'DIALOG' flag is added, the txt file can be manually created and named. (Which suggests the file path has the wrong syntax, the file/folder permissions need to be changed, or the Add-on has a bug.)

In Archicad 15 same code works as expected. It creates the txt file if it does not exist and opens existing files to overwrite ('WO') or append ('WA').

Has anybody else come across this issue with AC19 and OSX?
1 REPLY 1
Joachim Suehlo
Advisor
Tgis works for me, as yours does not:
ch = open("text", "/Users/myname/Desktop/test33.txt", "mode = WO, SEPARATOR=':', FULLPATH")
Joachim Suehlo . AC12-27 . MAC OSX 13.5 . WIN11
GDL object creation: b-prisma.de