Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Text on a layout that doesn't show

JGoode
Advocate
Hi,

Is it possible to have text in an object show within a layout but hidden when printed or exported as a pdf?

Thanks
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
2 REPLIES 2
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I don't think you can ensure that layercombinations or pen sets are in use for a layout when printing or publishing. Someone can change them and mess with the published output.

However, turning off a layer or changing a pen to white are easy tricks to do what you describe.

But given the possibility of messing it up from user end, I can't really recommend it.

Text shown out of bounds of the printable area will not show up when printed or exported, so this is where I put my remarks etc that I don't want to show up.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Barry Kelly
If you can see it on the layout, then it will print.
The only other option I can think of other than what Erwin suggested, is to have two layouts.
One that shows the text you want just for viewing, and one that hides it - this one you will publish.
Of course this means the text must be in a layer that can be turned on/off for the saved views that will be used on the layouts.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11