Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

The Best API

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have found the best api for ArchiCAD is by far Archiforma. Does anyone agree?
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
I like ArchiForma quite a bit, but in my book ArchiTerra is the best API. Cigraph is doing a great job.
Anonymous
Not applicable
API?
What means for API? It should be Application Programming Interface. The Archicad API is made by Graphisoft, not any third partner.

So, I think you should say "Plug-ins", or "Add-ons".
Karl Ottenstein
Wolf wrote:
So, I think you should say "Plug-ins", or "Add-ons".
Quite so.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Binder wrote:
I use ArchiDesigner and have found it straight forward and simple to use for all my difficult shaped windows.

The version I have is for AC 7.0 so I'm not sure if there are any improvements for AC8.0 my only gripe with the version I have is that it doesn't do corner windows other than that it works just the way I want.
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Terra and ArchiLumos
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Binder wrote:
You should have made it a poll. Would be interesting to know what people are using in ArchiCAD.
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Ben wrote:
Terra and ArchiLumos
Ben
I would be interested to know how does Archilumos preform (render times wise) compared to other radiosity renderer's such as Cinema 4d or Strata 3d Pro?
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics