Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

The LinkedIn poll

Djordje
Ace
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
6 REPLIES 6
Rakela Raul
Participant
this is reserved for people that know all 5 software with the same level of expertise !!
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Djordje
Ace
Do you know any, excluding SketchUp that is not really BIM anyway?
Djordje

HP Omen
Rakela Raul
Participant
only Bentley, Archicad and Revit
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Rakela wrote:
this is reserved for people that know all 5 software with the same level of expertise !!
Is there any such person in existence?
(Besides all the billions who know nothing about any of them - same level of expertise on all )
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another useless poll!
If his company...Elevations Bim do the things they say and in the industries they support then Bentley is their only choice....

Check out the stupid response from Eric O....
Staying in scope of the question, If I had to choose 1 of the 5 offered, I would say Revit. Solidworks (while I;m not an expert on the software) in my understanding is designed as a manufacturing solution. (alhough they are developing an AEC solution, I hear). Sketchup is nice for pretty pictures, and small budgets, but Its not BIM. I know Archicad has a following, but does it have an MEP contingent? You ARE interested in Powering up your project? Heating / cooling it? Frankly if you aren't concerning yourself with Structural. / MEP, can you really say you are doing a BIM project?

That leaves two, Bentley and Revit. Revit simply has a bigger user base, and therefore has more trained users, and more resources for learning / support.
Djordje
Ace
laszlonagy wrote:
Rakela wrote:
Is there any such person in existence?
(Besides all the billions who know nothing about any of them - same level of expertise on all )
Where is the LIKE button?
Djordje

HP Omen