Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Thicker line

Anonymous
Not applicable
May be this is a dumb question, but as far I am not consider a dumb myself, I am asking.
Is there a way for drawing a thicker line, but not using the true view thickness option. I mean just to draw a single thicker line leaving the other with the same thickness.

Cheers
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Not really.
But there are two work-arounds.

One is to use a zero height wall of the width you want.

The other is to create a symbol line type from several closely spaced lines - copy and paste into the symbol line.
If the lines are close enough they will merge into one unless at a very close scale.
Unfortunately you can't use fills in a symbol line.

The problem is that this still uses the pen thickness of the pen colour you choose when you use this line.
So be sure to use a thin pen or else it will print even thicker still if you print with true line thickness.

Barry.
thick_line.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
Not really.
But there are two work-arounds.

One is to use a zero height wall of the width you want.

The other is to create a symbol line type from several closely spaced lines - copy and paste into the symbol line.
If the lines are close enough they will merge into one unless at a very close scale.
Unfortunately you can't use fills in a symbol line.

The problem is that this still uses the pen thickness of the pen colour you choose when you use this line.
So be sure to use a thin pen or else it will print even thicker still if you print with true line thickness.

Barry.

Many thanks