Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Things missing in some parts of 3D view

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,

I've got an issue that I've been googling about for hours and couldn't find an answer for so I even created a profile here

I am using ArchiCAD 19 on win10

So here's the problem: I've got an urban project where I've got several buildings around that were first created with very thick slabs and put to layer "- Turiai" (eng. masses). Now it is time to detalise those buildings and here's the thing - I have some walls or curtain walls drawn in a floor plan and they show up there as usual but in a 3D view i can sometimes see part of them and sometimes i can't see them at all depending on where they are (sometimes the selection might be visible but not the wall itself). The walls are in basic "Structural-Bearing" layer It seems like there are some invisible objects that are hiding everything else in their way (except slabs). I've tried turning layers on and off, tried the renovation filter thing.. The same thing happens in other places of project.

Help me please, I might fail my bachelor if I'll have to redraw everything in a new file
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Couldn't add 2 pictures so here's the other one.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
lapemiau:

Even items on hidden layers can affect the visible model. Check to see if hidden elements are intersecting the model where visible elements are not showing. You can change the Layer's Intersection Group Number to prevent this.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14