BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

This is our chance...to bring Autodesk to their knees...

ares997
Contributor
We have a very short window in time and space, and now we have more than enough ammunition to take down goliath. If you think about it...David brought down the giant with technology. It wasn't because he was necessarily smaller than the giant, but more inventive, better long reaching technology, an eye for understanding the means and methods for getting the job done in his current market. That is what Graphisoft has gave us yesterday, though it might not be in our hot little hands. We the Archicad Marines need to start making some frakin' noise out their.

This is the point at which we can sit in our cubicles and say, umm I'm not really sure if it is what I think it is...when it is more than you could have ever dream of.

Ironically enough Autodesk yesterday started to buckle, as well as said that they would be offering inventor as a free download, "no kidding."

Come on guys there should be at least a blog each from all you loyalist who have been here since the beginning. This is our house now go out and take the gorilla by the balls to take him out.

Even with AC12 and AC11 we were still way ahead of the curve and have always been, now let's start sending info to WIRED.COM, ENGADET.COM , USA TODAY, CNN, ETC. Graphisoft has put a lot into this release. Testing it throughly, making sure it works with Snow Leopard (which is why they delayed the release until yesterday, considering Snow Leopard was on Friday so that gives GS 30+ days to get it ready for the MAC kids out there.)

The Graphisoft Team has not only change the rules about what can be done in a yearly release cycle, they have change what will the future be for us.

Graphisoft's "biggest not-so-secret weapon is its staff of developers [who] focus enormous talent on a niche, which Westerners can't match."
Jonathan B. Levine, Business Week, USA

"It's passion, and a good deal of business sense, that helped turn Graphisoft into a global player."
The Wall Street Journal

We are a team based all over the world and need to act like one more now then ever.

This has happened a few times before
1. The cpu and drafting in a machine
2. Going 3d
3. Going Parametric + GDL
4. Going BIM
5. Going in with the DELTA SERVER

If you can imagine what this could mean even outside this industry it is far reaching.

Get out there and make some noise.

Please don't hesitate. We need to start scaring the investors of AUTODESK today and now we have our $5k keys ringing in their ears.

We have ECO designer, we have VBE, we have MEP, our company, our team has brought us the weapons within this year that dominates all other products out there.

Pull your fingers out of your ears and start emailing, witting blogs, witting your congressmen, telling your friends, telling your enemies that we are coming for them one seat at a time.
Archicad 25 (5005), Windows 11, AMD RYZEN 7 3900 (64 GB RAM)
118 REPLIES 118
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
ares997 wrote:
Is hating Revit right now. Should probably give Archicad a go instead... via @kernelpanik
Ares997, what you are doing is unacceptable.
This is called spamming.
Posting every tweet you collect from the Internet is spamming, not useful contribution to the Forum.
Posting German and Japanese and other language stuff is not OK either because the language of this Forum is English.
Posting all kinds of Jobs is again looks more like spamming than anything else.
So, regardless of how enthusiastic you are about ArchiCAD (which is great), I am asking you to post only useful stuff here. Do not double post in various threads. Also, do not repeat the same argument over and over.
I am receiving complaints from other Users and I agree with them, this is not OK.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Stress Co_
Advisor
ares997 wrote:
.....currently I have been responding to blog posts on revit/bim/archicad and various other sites .......
Hmm...that's a scary thought.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
ares997
Contributor
Is it okay to quote from Internet? In attempt to help share what is going on in other mediums was my point whilst including the original authors creditds.

And the jobs are 50% asking for archicad and the others are describing archicad though asking for autodesk and seems like a valid method to show Micheal Gravis our communities work and with tw2 anyone might work there from anywhere like Karl was posting in his Add.
Karl Ottenstein
ares997 wrote:
Is it okay to quote from Internet? In attempt to help share what is going on in other mediums was my point whilst including the original authors creditds.

And the jobs are 50% asking for archicad and the others are describing archicad though asking for autodesk and seems like a valid method to show Micheal Gravis our communities work and with tw2 anyone might work there from anywhere like Karl was posting in his Add.
No, it is not. As moderator, I advised you earlier of what the purpose of these forums is. Any other use is not acceptable. Now, the uber-moderator and site administrator has also advised you.

It is not a huge intellectual challenge to read the forums and see the kinds of discussions that happen here and to follow suit. If these forums do not appeal to your needs, you should consider starting a new web site / forums / facebook page or whatever to achieve your personal goals and attract those who share them.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
ares997
Contributor
The title of this forum and thread are a bit deceiving. Archicad-Talk seems like an open place to communicate about archicad and it's competitors from any angle, so what rule have I broken. I haven't found a rules or procedures section and etiquette I seem in bounds, though I am not a sheepish leeming you can use bullish tactics in an effort to censor my efforts. You guys link and quote as they relate to the thread. Yeah the graphisoft Osaka one was a little out there. Though I now there are people here who can read more than English and English wasn't their first language so I felt also that it wasn't that far fetched.
owen
Newcomer
Look its great that you are excited about ArchiCAD but posting up a bunch of links without any discussion of the content of those links is regarded as link spamming in just about all internet forums and in many other places the ban stick would have been applied almost on the spot. Aside from that it is just poor etiquette ... something that is rapidly declining on the internet these days anyway.

Its fine (IMO) to post links to other sites if that forms part of a discussion and contributes something to it - such as Thomas Holms links to ZDNet and Ars Technica reviews of OS X in the Upgrading to ArchiCAD V13 thread.

however posts like this:
ares997 wrote:
Take ArchiCAD this fall! It's a dual-platform design application: http://bit.ly/OV1qK via @uclaxarcid
are not really contributing anything to this discussion. It is an Ad for an entry-level ArchiCAD Training Course - something that is probably of no use to anyone reading this thread. If you want to post this it should go in the Ad's section - i think the various forums purposes are all fairly clearly described.
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Dwight
Newcomer
Kid: You are losing your audience.
Dwight Atkinson
ares997
Contributor
Does anyone know the history of Graphisoft in the 80's or where I could find it?
ares997
Contributor
So if graphisoft invented gdl do other programs use that technology? What is revits parametric technology built on?
Eduardo Rolon
AFAIK nobody except GS uses GDL, Revit has its own system based on editing pre-existing objects to create New Families.

This is an unfair oversimplification of Revit's workflow.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Learn and get certified!