Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Tips for "align 3-d texture"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all, first post here.

I am trying to come up with a better way to "align 3-D texture" across multiple surfaces of different element types (wall, slab, roof) such that vectoral hatching aligns in all of my orthographic views.

Ideally aligning textures could be done from a section/elevation view, but I gather that is not possible. Instead I have been aligning textures in perspective view. . . however this can be a tedious process, and it is sometimes very hard to get a consistent datum point in 3-D.

Does anyone have a technique for aligning 3-D textures that they find to be particularly effective?

Thanks,

Note: this may have been covered in an earlier thread, but whenever I search the forum I get a "General Error" message.
3 REPLIES 3
Eduardo Rolon
I create base points using Morphs which are placed on a different layer and color coded so that I can snap to them as needed.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Welcome Johnathan!

A grain of sand here,

At least for slabs, if you activate the cover fill and you are using a surface with a fill, then you can set the cover fill orientation to "Link to Fill Origin" and that will let you set the fill origin for the slab in plan view and will also align the texture in 3D.
1.JPG
Johnathan wrote:
Instead I have been aligning textures in perspective view. . . however this can be a tedious process, and it is sometimes very hard to get a consistent datum point in 3-D.
I suspect you would find it easier to use an Axonometric view for this. (View>3D View Options.)
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10