Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Tracker Palette

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

Does anyone know why the tracker palette switches itself off intermittently?

I tend to have it on all the time which is convenient for just typing in dimensions when dragging/drawing but I find that at times the tracker palette has switched itself off so whatever I typed (not realising that the palette had switched off) wasn't entered, and things move by random distances. A bit of an invitation for errors I think.

Cheers!
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
khairulfikri:

Others have reported this, see: Tracker

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Eduardo Rolon
Meanwhile the workaround is to assign a shortcut to turn it on when it happens, something like command+option+F for "F**** the tracker is off"
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys!

Switching on the palette when I notice that it's switched off is not so much a problem as not realising that it's off and merrily typing in dimensions thinking that what I'm drawing is going to be to those dimensions, and finding out things are all over the place (by fractions of a millimetre) because AC takes the dimensions based on where the cursor is when I press Enter instead of what I typed in (since the tracker is off and I didn't realise it)... and breathe..

I know it's also a matter of paying constant attention to whether the palette is on or off on the screen, but in states of constant rush with deadlines (and at 1am), that's not always feasible. It's easy to miss, and has been missed a number of times before and a pain to backtrack.

Seems like a longstanding bug that's not yet fixed.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
khairulfikri:

Another option is to show the Coordinates Palette, it will use the "x", "y", "r" and "a" inputs if the Tracker is off.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14