Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Transfer Curtain Wall Custom Panel Properties

Tincan561
Contributor

How do I transfer the properties from one custom curtain wall panel to another?

I have tried making a favorite, adding a panel class from custom, and injecting properties, but none of these work.

The dimensions, pens, surfaces and other attributes don't pass through.

Thank you.

2022-05-15_14-22-54.png

Archicad 26 Macbook Pro, Ventura 13.6.3
5 REPLIES 5

Create Favorites of the Panel and Frame Classes you need and transfer them that way.

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1

The favorites do not work, however I think I found the solution.

AC25 applies some building material to its default CW door, window etc. I do not have these building materials or have renamed them in my streamed down template. In my case, they come through as "MISSING" and render the favorites unusable.

I went to the out-of-the-box (OTB) template for AC25 and grabbed a curtain wall there and placed these materials back in my file.  Favorites seem to work now. 

Unfortunately, even with the OTB building materials the template the CW door favorites do not work, however they work in the OTB template file. The "MISSING" attributes don't seem to be the problem.

Tincan561
Contributor

Even though I have all of the OTB building materials for a curtain wall in my template, the default still comes through as "MISSING" and prevents any favorites from being used.

2022-05-15_17-53-19.png

Barry Kelly

Interesting, you can go into EDIT mode and copy the settings from the door panel and inject them into any other door panel.

But you can't inject them into the panel of another curtain wall, even if you select that CW in EDIT mode.

It looks like saving the door panel as a favourite is the only way to do it.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11