BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Trapziod Window Casing Issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having issue with AC19 window setting. I don't get why many special windows do not have gauge on sides but bottom only. I am sick of dealing with this odd Casing that stretch out way too much and no gauge in center. I'm giving an example of photo so you can see what I am talking about. Is there a way that I fix it because I personally hate to make custom window every time?
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Karl,

No, I do not have AC21. Only AC19. We haven't update to that software just yet.
Karl Ottenstein
cadpg wrote:
Hello Karl,

No, I do not have AC21. Only AC19. We haven't update to that software just yet.
I didn't say anything about AC 21. The windows have had ganging for many years now... at least 10, and should have the same checkboxes in the AC 19 library, just in a different tab perhaps. 🙂
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
This window doesn't have all gauges.
Karl Ottenstein
cadpg wrote:
This window doesn't have all gauges.
Dude. Stop saying 'gauges' - ain't no such thing and no wonder we didn't know what you were talking about. 😉 It is 'ganging'.

Now, I understand your original post about only having one 'gang' (not 'gauge'). Yeah, very odd that AC 19 library is like that. Sorry that I missed your original post that said the issue was with an AC 19 window. 😞 I tried any special downloads available for 19 and same thing. AC 20 and above have side ganging as shown in my screenshot from 21... but as I mentioned, it doesn't work properly - not ganging the interior trim, which looks as bad as your screenshot - and having some extra ugly lines on the exterior trim.

So... the solid element subtract with a Morph is the best bet ... OR... turn off exterior trim, and model the exterior trim itself with a Morph: draw the morph in Elevation to get the shape/alignment right, then in 3D extrude it the thickness desired and move it onto the wall surface.

Cheers.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry about "gauges" My mistake auto typing. I did not realized that.

Yes, it is ganging.

I will try the morph part and see how it goes. Thank you for the tips.

Yes, I know we have not update to AC 21 yet.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Had to make something similar today, sad to say the best option I found was still to make my own custom window.

I had to use some clever tricks with WALLHOLE and WALLNICHE elements to get the desired jamb results though and an empty window opening to set up the other trim elements.

I tried to fill in the emtpy opening with a curtain wall, but the windows/doors in curtain wall just do not behave like the doors/windows library counter parts.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I thought I had a nice solution, which actually might work for some people in some cases: you can have the arched windows/doors and set the arc resolution as low as possible (I believe this is 3), you will effectively end up with only 2 segments. The profile dimensions of the frame were a bit off though and the wallhole is still arced. Still for a quick and dirty preliminary design draft up, it might work for some.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!