Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Trapziod Window Casing Issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having issue with AC19 window setting. I don't get why many special windows do not have gauge on sides but bottom only. I am sick of dealing with this odd Casing that stretch out way too much and no gauge in center. I'm giving an example of photo so you can see what I am talking about. Is there a way that I fix it because I personally hate to make custom window every time?
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable
cadpg wrote:
I am having issue with AC19 window setting. I don't get why many special windows do not have gauge on sides but bottom only. I am sick of dealing with this odd Casing that stretch out way too much and no gauge in center. I'm giving an example of photo so you can see what I am talking about. Is there a way that I fix it because I personally hate to make custom window every time?
Trim to roof this casings or apply the SEO.
A more complicated method is editing the library element, you will probably have to make changes to many macros.
Anonymous
Not applicable
How do you trim the casing? Do you mean converter into Morph? I am still struggling with SEO. It is still unclear how to use though. I am trying to think something else better and efficient.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Now, other issue, It seems that it won't let me to SEO Windows dues to layers. I checked and couldn't find anything. Is there a way that I can trim it easily? I included the screenshot. MMM, anything that I should know before doing SEO?
Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 2.57.17 PM.png
runxel
Legend
cadpg wrote:
Now, other issue, It seems that it won't let me to SEO Windows dues to layers. I checked and couldn't find anything. Is there a way that I can trim it easily? I included the screenshot. MMM, anything that I should know before doing SEO?
You can not SEO windows directly.
However.... You can SEO with the wall: the operator will affect the window as well.
Just make sure to stop the operator before it reaches the wall itself.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for a reply but I still don't get it. Why wall has to do with window casing issue? I am sometime required to be visual to understand how this works. I have been looking tutorial for window with SEO on youtube but nothing that i can find.
Anonymous
Not applicable
cadpg wrote:
Thank you for a reply but I still don't get it. Why wall has to do with window casing issue? I am sometime required to be visual to understand how this works. I have been looking tutorial for window with SEO on youtube but nothing that i can find.
You need to create an element along the contour of the casings, build it as close as possible to the wall, but do not grab the wall.
1. Select this element, assign it as an operator to the SEO.
2. Select the wall (not the window), designate it as the target.
3. Select the type substraction with upward extrusion. Execute.
4. Change the operator layer - hide the layer.
Almost the same with a roofs.
Karl Ottenstein
cadpg wrote:
I still don't get it. Why wall has to do with window casing issue?
runxel and SL_GDL have given you the steps. The answer to your question is that windows (and doors) do not exist outside of a host wall. Once placed in a wall, they are in essence part of the wall. Same thing with skylights and roofs.

All of that said ... this is all a workaround to get the casing that you want for ganging the two windows.

Instead, try the 'ganging' option shown in the attached screenshot. Select both windows, then tick the box for the tall side, which is where your two windows join. You will then need to reposition the windows in plan to be closer together and the trim should look pretty close to what you want - although with a few odd lines (an old bug).
Screen Shot 2017-12-02 at 4.46.27 PM.jpg
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
cadpg wrote:
... I don't get why many special windows do not have gauge on sides but bottom only.... and no gauge in center.
What do you mean by 'gauge'?
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
Karl wrote:
Instead, try the 'ganging' option shown in the attached screenshot. Select both windows, then tick the box for the tall side, which is where your two windows join. You will then need to reposition the windows in plan to be closer together and the trim should look pretty close to what you want - although with a few odd lines (an old bug).
Agh. Not only will you get some weird lines on the exterior trim... but the ganging option ignores the interior trim which looks terrible. So, this may work if you have plaster wrap interiors (give it a try), but otherwise... solid element op may be the only way to get it the way you want until Graphisoft fixes their over-10-years-old bugs with ganging. 😞