BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Travel Distance Object Bug

I've been using the USA Travel Distance Object which is great. However, it has a "Ghost" arrowhead. Anyone found a solution for this? It shows up in prints as well.

See attached.

Travel Distance.jpg
Thomas Allan Palmer
Architect AIBC MRAIC
ArchiCAD 24 MacBook Pro
Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6
11 REPLIES 11
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Thomas:

I ran across the same bug, sometimes altering the object fixed it, in other cases I needed to start again with the default values. I know this does not answer your problem, but wanted to confirm the issue. The part is useful, but it is buggy.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Thanks David.

This is a similar object that doesn't have the arrow bug (although it is lacking some features) For example it only reads the working units automatically.

freccia zig 14

I think you can find it here: Depository/01 General/ Graphic Symbols/Freccia zig 14.gsm
Thomas Allan Palmer
Architect AIBC MRAIC
ArchiCAD 24 MacBook Pro
Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6
Barry Kelly
Here is a link to the old depository.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/object_depository.php

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Yanni
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
There is a bug when you select "Arrow" for Start. When you select "None" or "Dot", it is fine.
I created an updated version which fixes this but it will be for AC21 and up. It will published soon on http://archiplus.graphisoftus.com/archiplus_local.html
Thanks for using and any comment or suggestion is greatly appreciated.
Yanni Alexakis, CSI, Intl. Assoc. AIA
Product Manager
GRAPHISOFT North America
Yanni,

All your work on this part is hugely appreciated.

Can I make a request for the next version of your part?

We would like to use this tool to illustrate fire hose reach as well (Toronto now asks that this be shown on permit drawing in addition to the travel distances).

Hose reach is a maximum length of 30 metres and then a 3 metre (spray - see illustration).

Could you script an end arrow time that places the hose spray at the end as an option to accomplish this?
Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 1.10.01 PM.png
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Yanni wrote:
There is a bug when you select "Arrow" for Start. When you select "None" or "Dot", it is fine.
I created an updated version which fixes this but it will be for AC21 and up. It will published soon on http://archiplus.graphisoftus.com/archiplus_local.html
Thanks for using and any comment or suggestion is greatly appreciated.
The bug also occurs when "Dot" is selected for Start. Please post again when the revised object is available.

Thanks,

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Yanni
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
I attach the latest version. For AC21. Aaron, please test the Fire Hose Reach check box.
http://support.graphisoftus.com/files/objects/Travel%20Distance%20USA%2021.gsm
Yanni Alexakis, CSI, Intl. Assoc. AIA
Product Manager
GRAPHISOFT North America
Yanni, Thanks for this. A couple of comments:

a) a migration script snippet would transition us from the v20 part to the v21. I tried migrating via Library Manager and was not successful.

b) is there a way to add stored metric values to the array? typically we are checking against travel distance regulations that stipulate 6m (Dead End Corridor), 25m (access to one exit), and 45m (2 exits) [edit: plus the <30m for the fire hose reach]

c) I can't tell if your predefined Imperial values check actual against the rule specified or if it's just a text string. That would be fantastic, but not strictly necessary.

Thanks again.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Yanni, I try to switch the Prefix text under Custom Settings from 'Travel Distance =' to either your 'Hose Length' or 'Custom', but the object will not allow me to alter the Prefix. Can you please help? Thanks, Scott

Attached is an example where I manually altered the text. A common fire department requirement is to show that the building can be covered by a fire hose up to 150 feet which is depicted in this attachment. I cannot get the Travel Distance object to display that text.
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Learn and get certified!