BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.

Trim wall to roof / Grasshopper

Nic Tulban
Booster
Hello
Have anybody any idea about trimming a wall with a roof in the archicad-grasshopper connection?

Nic Tulban
5 REPLIES 5
felcunha
Expert
Not sure you can inside Grasshopper but you can manually extract the settings of the wall and the roof, then recreate Rhino solids from the curves and settings extracted (thickness, height...) and finally split them in GH.
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
Nic Tulban
Booster
The solution is more simple than we think. Suppose we have a roof and a wall, both generated by Grasshopper. Even if the Archicad entities are locked by Grasshopper, it is possible to link them (in Archicad) using the 'Trim wall to roof' command. So the wall is trimmed, and it remains so, changing its shape accordingly, when we alter the roof parameters (for example the pitch).
The only disatvantage is that this interactions are not visible in Rhino.
Nic
felcunha
Expert
Yes but you have to do it manually. It could be nicer to do them directly in GH but I couldn't find a way to transform AC entities into GH entities (BREP, solid or so...). If you know please tell me.
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
As far as I know at this point, there are no ARCHICAD Nodes in Grasshopper using which you could perform such operations between elements in ARCHICAD.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Nic Tulban
Booster
So... we are looking further!
Learn and get certified!