Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Trimmed wall and roof - floor plan

EAttila
Participant

Hi everybody, we are designing a building with pitched roof and wall connections, where the bottom parts of the walls are trimmed. Is there any way to hide the trimmed part of the wall on the floor plan?

Floor plan.PNG3d view.PNG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Unfortunately SEO is not reflected in Floorplan so I recommend as a workaround which will give you the same result you can use polygonal opening tool rather than trim to roof then you can adjust the opening to have no symbol, no reference axis and no cover fill.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution

Unfortunately SEO is not reflected in Floorplan so I recommend as a workaround which will give you the same result you can use polygonal opening tool rather than trim to roof then you can adjust the opening to have no symbol, no reference axis and no cover fill.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

Thank you! Great idea! We are stuck in AC24 because the project, but I was able to replicate your solution with a custom window.

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Another option is to split the Wall into two, trim both with the Roof, and change the Floor Plan representation of the overhead Wall segment to "overhead". If you do not want to see it on the Floor Plan, you can even place it on a separate Layer and hide that Layer.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27