BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Trimming Around Overlapping Meshes?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Noobie here.

Is there a better way to cut out from a mesh than the Solid Element Operations tool? I have a situation like you see in the screenshot where I have drawn a driveway over top of my yard. Both are meshes. I want the grass that intersects with the driveway to not show. I feel like I've seen this before in models I've been given. I've achieved this in the Solid Element Operation tool with subtraction, but this seems to be more permanent and when that driveway design inevitably changes, it'll leave a mess of the grass mesh.

Some of the other shapes you see in the image were created by drawing meshes that butt up to one another. Kind of a nuisance as well. Especially when curves are introduced. I'm sure this is easy, I just can't find where to make it happen

Any tips for this workflow? I'd say it's primarily important for rendering purposes.

Thanks!
1 REPLY 1
Marc H
Advisor
Screenshot not loaded.
“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
Learn and get certified!