BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Truck 032 symbol - much to wide

Anonymous
Not applicable
The truck 02 in the Site symbols is 12'4" wide

This is impossible

Who is the ***** generating these symbols

The way I read to change this would be a snap with Revit but not in AC because there is no width adjustment option, one needs to create a new object, for a novice is not a simple task.

As I have expressed AC is as good as the objects is coming with and this is execrable as this example point out
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

would you post the object, please?

PWD
Durval
Enthusiast
Yes, I've noticed that also. Truck 01 is the same width (3.824 m!) Probably the lengths are also overdimensioned proportionally (truck 01 is more than 17 m!). And they can't be rescaled, unless you change the scripts.
--- www.dtabach.com.br ---
AC 24 BR – MacBook Pro 2,9 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB RAM Mac OS 10.14
TomWaltz
Participant
That's odd, mine is 10'-3 13/16".

I'm not using the Special Edition Library. Are you? Maybe they changed something in the new library?
Tom Waltz
Durval
Enthusiast
TomWaltz wrote:
That's odd, mine is 10'-3 13/16".

I'm not using the Special Edition Library. Are you? Maybe they changed something in the new library?

I'm using the regular Library. Actually I've made a mistake in the previous post. The truck which is 17.324 m long is 'Truck Elev 02'. Anyway, the widths are the same for 'Truck Elev 01' and 'Truck Elev 02': 3.824 m, i.e., 12.54 feet (see attachment).

Which one are you talking about?
Truck_02.jpg
TomWaltz
Participant
I'm talking about Truck 02.
Tom Waltz
Durval
Enthusiast
TomWaltz wrote:
I'm talking about Truck 02.

Yes, Truck 02, the one showed in the picture. As you can see, it is 3.824 m wide, or 12.54'.
I just did not understand why your Truck 02 is different from mine.
But the main question is: what is the CORRECT dimension for a truck like that?? I'm working on a Distribution Center, and the preliminary dimensioning depends a lot on this truck's size...
gerd
Newcomer
hi durval,

the correct dimension of such a truck is about 2,50m (width), but measured without exterior mirrors etc.

you should open the library part, correct it and save under a new name.

best regards, gerd
Durval
Enthusiast
gerd wrote:
hi durval,

the correct dimension of such a truck is about 2,50m (width), but measured without exterior mirrors etc.

you should open the library part, correct it and save under a new name.

best regards, gerd
Thanks, Gerd, that was what I did.
Put a MUL2 A, B at the beginning of the 2d script. Then set default value of 0.78 to A and B.
Learn and get certified!