BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

True Line Weights?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I have 2 different lines with different line weights, I also have "true line weights" turned on and they still look hairline thin. Funny thing is, the line weights only show when I go to plot it. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Matts
11 REPLIES 11
Karl Ottenstein
Display Option is not set to true weight.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the response Karl

So this is separate from the "View>On-Screen View Options>True Line Weight" option?

Matts
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to add to that, there are no line weights period. In the viewport, or in the final layout pdf file... all line weights are the same. I do enable the "true line weight" option but it has no effect. ( I am using ArchiCAD 12)

Thanks again,

Matts
Anonymous
Not applicable
WOW... for a second there I thought this was a BUG. I tried everything... and I found out that the line weights ARE WORKING. It's just that I need to zoom in ALOT to notice the change in line weight. How can I fix that? How can I make it noticable at regular zoom... I mean that's the whole point right? To notice it in the viewport

Cheers!

Matts
Thomas Holm
Booster
mattsvai wrote:
WOW... for a second there I thought this was a BUG. I tried everything... and I found out that the line weights ARE WORKING. It's just that I need to zoom in ALOT to notice the change in line weight. How can I fix that? How can I make it noticable at regular zoom... I mean that's the whole point right? To notice it in the viewport
Try a smaller scale. (Such as 1:500 instead of 1:50)

But the whole point is really to make a credible impression at final printout.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thomas wrote:

But the whole point is really to make a credible impression at final printout.
Well yes & no. Output maybe primary, but what you see on the screen is the way you check that prior to output. Coming from Microstation to ArchiCAD this was (and still is) one of my biggest adjustments. Microstation has a control that allows adjustment of the relative thickness of the true weight line on the screen to make it more visible when zoomed out. It would be nice if AC had this.

Dave
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Thomas, that did the trick. I agree with u Dave, it would be nice if we could control the line weight thickness according to zoom. Sometimes I don't want to be zoomed in at 500% to get an overall picture of the line weights used.

Cheers,

Matts
Anonymous
Not applicable
A big frustration for me too.
Zooming to 500% is ridiculous to see OVERALL effect.
Karl Ottenstein
If you are using a different pen set for display than for printing (which you generally should), then just beef up the pen weights in your on-screen pen set as required for your visual satisfaction.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!