BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Trussmaker and Spline

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there any way I can create a truss from a spline?

thanks

Kim engrob, student Århus DK
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Kim,
Is there any way I can create a truss from a spline?
I believe AC want's lines or arcs and NOT spline elements when selecting the Create Truss command under the Extra menu ...
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have created a "vaulted roof polyarc profile".
Now I need to make a truss in the same shape. I know trussmaker won´t use the spline i used for the roof!!
What do i do? Can anyone help me?

Best regards

Kim Engrob, Student Århus DK
Karl Ottenstein
kim_engrob wrote:
Now I need to make a truss in the same shape. I know trussmaker won´t use the spline i used for the roof!!
Included in your online (F1) help system as well as a PDF on the installation CD is a book by David Nicholson-Cole, "Introduction to Object Making". Find section 2.7 of that book, which is also online here:
http://download.graphisoft.com/ftp/publishing/ac9_help/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context...

You will be creating a GDL object for the truss... the sentence about how to view and save the slabified truss is the critical step.

Using this method, you can create any custom truss or bracket shape easily, with each component having its own materials. If your truss has multiple materials, you can even use Arexline's free rxAutoMaterials add-on to automatically convert the saved object into one with parametric materials, so you can change the materials later. No GDL programming required!

Have fun! 😉

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
kim_engrob wrote:

Best regards

Kim Engrob, Student Århus DK
Does it work to "trace" the polyarc with the arc tool such that you have a series of lines and arcs. You might even be able to explode the polyarc and avoid the intermediary step. Truss maker uses center lines to reference from.
Learn and get certified!