Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Turning insulation around windows and doors

HelenE
Booster

Hello everyone!

I have been trying unsuccessfully to turn the insulation around the doors of this building. I know it has something to do with the tab "Wall closure" but I haven't figured it out. The wall is a composite. All I've managed to do is turn the plaster... Does anyone know how to do this?

Thank you!Screenshot_2.jpg

13 REPLIES 13

Nothing obviously wrong. Perhaps it has to to with the inside/outside of the wall composite. Is the insulation towards the inside or the outside?

In wall closure dialog change Select Skin to Edit to Outside face and select Turn-in Skin for the 1. Skin and 2.Skin

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it! The insulation is towards the inside of the wall composite. I tried what you said, it makes sense but unfortunately it didn't change anything. Screenshot_6.jpg

Solution

Okay. No - with that composite the settings were right in the first screenshot

I didn't look carefully at the plan screenshot... it looks like the door's Floor Plan Display is set to Projected. If so - change it to Symbolic.

Wall closures are 2D-symbols so it won't show when the door/window is set to projected.

Success!!! I never would've thought of that! Thank you ever so much!!! Screenshot_7.jpg