Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Two Awnings under Picture Window

Brad Elliott
Booster
I swear I have done this typical window before with the ArchiCAD library but for the life of me I can't figure out how. A long time ago I used the Smart Parts window which is shown on the left but I haven't used that library for a while now. The best ArchiCAD library window I can do is on the right. Can I make the window on the left with the ArchiCAD library?.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
13 REPLIES 13
Hello Brad Elliott,

You have to choose "double window 22" and add a window top rail.
Then you are able to find your right way of opening.

Have a good day,
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Brad Elliott
Booster
Christophe,
Maybe this is an international window? There is no Double Window 22 in my library. The closest I can get is W2 Casement FixU 23 but I need awnings below and there is no such window.
M1 Macbook Pro
Lingwisyer
Guru
Brad wrote:
Christophe,
Maybe this is an international window? There is no Double Window 22 in my library. The closest I can get is W2 Casement FixU 23 but I need awnings below and there is no such window.

You are right in that. US library woes... from other threads, it seems that there are a few people who have opted to import the INT window library into their US AC.

By the way, using Double Window 22 is looking at your question in the opposite way. Rather than a window with a double awning on the bottom, this is a double window with a continuous transom on the top. Is there no transom option in the US double window?

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Brad Elliott
Booster
Ling,
That is correct. There are options for double casement windows with either a fixed transom or awning window above but not one for awnings. The problem is that this then is that the window openings represent wrong in the elevations and either have to be left blank and handled with notes in the schedules or be manually drawn in the elevations to be have the correct drafting standard.
M1 Macbook Pro
Lingwisyer
Guru

This one you should be able to pull from the INT library.

Brad Elliott
Booster
That is exactly the window I want. I've done all the workarounds to get the international library. Is there an easy way to just pull this window from the library? Or do I need to do a consolidate libraries?
M1 Macbook Pro
Hello Brad Elliott,

You are able to put this library into your original linked library.
Christophe - FRANCE

"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Lingwisyer
Guru
If you are wanting to just pull the single object, place it in the floorplan then go to your library and use the "Embed placed objects of selected library". This should save any objects place and their related macros to the embedded library. From there you just export them to the desired location.

Ling.

Lingwisyer wrote:
"Embed placed objects of selected library".
Hello Ling,

I do not find this command into my french Archicad. 😕
Can you tell me where to look ?
Christophe - FRANCE