Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Two Way Roof Slope

hyrbuilding
Participant

Hello. I have read through the forum for two way roof slope. I have created the roof using the beam tool. I created two - one roof and one which would be the sheetrock on the inside. This is so that I can show the layers in the section accordingly and also show the framing members in between. However, I am now encountering the problem of cropping items to the "roof". First, the crop function does not work with a beam.  So, I changed the beam to a morph and the crop function still does not work. So, I went to solid element operations and selected the morph (roof) as the operator and the walls I want to crop as the target. The only tool that works is subtraction with upward extrusion. However, this leaves voids in my top roof layer. Please see the images attached. Any ideas on how to avoid this?

1.JPG2.JPG
8 REPLIES 8

Can you not create the roof using a composite structure option and leave an air gap for the structure you want to show between?

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
mija
Enthusiast

Hi, you can make roof with mesh and then go design > design extras > create roof from mesh and use it as a regular roof

Archicad 25, build 4013
Montenegro
hyrbuilding
Participant

Hi Mija. Thank you for your response. I was able to create the mesh. However, my design extra does not have the option to create roof from mesh. I have Archicad25. Please see image attached. 

20220618_091323.jpg

I can create the roof that way but I cannot add a two way slope to the roof. It is essentially a butterfly/shed roof. Are you able to create two way slopes to your roof?

Mija,

Update! Downloaded Goodies 25 and I was able to complete the command. Thank you so much!!!!!

Yes, you can create any shape you like. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

Great! glad it helped. Goodies are the best 😊

Archicad 25, build 4013
Montenegro
Barry Kelly

No need for beams, add-ons, morphs, etc.

Just create the roof in 3D where the first three points you choose determine the slop of the roof.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Design-forum/Create-sloped-butterfly-roof/m-p/277927

So all you need is 3 known heights for you roof and you can make a roof slope in 2 angles - it is really only sloping in one angle, but the pivot line is not parallel to your walls.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11