Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

U-Stair with winders

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a rather basic question about the Stair tool. I'm trying to model a stair according to my screenshot below, but I just can't get it "right"... I would be very helpful for any tips. The closest I got is the sad stair on the top, but it's not close enough to the 2D example below...

BTW: Am I missing something obvious or why does it have to be that difficult to model stairs with winders in Archicad? It's not a super exotic stair, it's a common stair that is built every day, so I would assume it would be quite easy to model...
2 REPLIES 2
Lingwisyer
Guru
Build the stair with two 90 degree landings, then change the bottom landing to Equal Going Winders with a minimum number of winders after. Do the same with the upper landing but instead set the minimum number of winders before.

With the dashed area, that is controlled by the stairs Floor Plan Display settings.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Ling!

I didn't know you could set different values in the Winder Options for different landings.
It's looking much better now, but it's still not quite right.

For some reason, the Stair Tool is always using Single Point Method in the Winder regardless on what I use in the settings. The original 2D that I'm trying to achieve looks to be closer to the "Principal Lines" method.

And when I try to use the minimum Tapered Tread Width at the stair as it is, it doesn't seem to like it...