Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

UNWANTED LINES AT WALL JOINT (COMPLEX PROFILE)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Friends
I am preparing construction drawings for a project. I found an issue regarding complex profile Wall
I am struggling with some unwanted lines in my drawing. Those lines have originated in the junction of walls made of complex profiles. Here is the line between the junction of my complex profile see Fig (1.1 & 1.2)
Here is the pln file
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Hx462Iuvg4YB-0-LTXC36KZG0DLcyJLS?usp=sharing

But there should be no line because they are made of the same material and they are on the same surface
This line is giving wrong information to the Mason. Mason may think the wall is segregated. So it's mandatory to get rid of these. I got this problem in another area see Fig (2.1 &2.22)
Here is the pln file.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lrKJbYaGTRoX6qDRGkxKnUQELcxILaQ5?usp=sharing

My drawing is not being approved because of this line. I already share this problem a month ago. But no solution found yet. But this time I need to solve this issue. Although it seems a minor issue this can lead to a major mistake. After wall construction drawing is a legal document.

I will really appreciate it if you can take the time to check the attached files.

Sincerely
Avi Shiplu
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Avi,
These lines are visible, because your Wall Reference lines are not set properly. You will have to set your Walls Reference lines in a way they clean automaticaly. You can find information about how they work here.
You also have to check for your Building Material Intersection Priorities. You will find information about it and other things related to Element Intersections here.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Braza wrote:
Hi Avi,
These lines are visible, because your Wall Reference lines are not set properly. You will have to set your Walls Reference lines in a way they clean automaticaly. You can find information about how they work here.
You also have to check for your Building Material Intersection Priorities. You will find information about it and other things related to Element Intersections here.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Dear Braza,
I am stuck with this problem for more than a month. I would really appreciate it if you can check my file and let me know the exact reason.

Sincerely
Avi Shiplu
Lingwisyer
Guru
Your share folders are empty.

You should select the walls in question in plan so that people can see the reference lines. Try shortening the walls so that they do not intersect, then use the Adjust (ctrl + -) option to get them to meet.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Ling,
I am really sorry for the mistake. I have uploaded the files again. Please check the folder now.
Lingwisyer
Guru
Ok, so the issue was not the Wall Reference Line but the Building Material. Did not notice the line between the two fills before... Your Core is not the same between your two wall types, hence the line where the two brick walls on the side connect. It is also the reason they do not finish on each other.

You better check through all of your Complex Profiles and any Composites you have created. I only checked your tile-tile and tile-plaster internal wall. It might also be a good idea to modify your Building Materials so that they have unique Fills or Pen Colours so that you can more easy see this.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Anonymous
Not applicable
avishiplu wrote:
I am stuck with this problem for more than a month...
And did you read the links I suggested in my previous post? (Wall Reference Lines and Building Materials)
I always suggest new users to first learn how tools work... Then start working.
You won't need more then a couple of days to get how things work in Archicad.
Then you will see that your work will be much more productive.

BTW. Archicad Help Site is the first stop when you need help with Archicad. If you couldn't find any help there, then do a search here in the forum. Most probably you will find lots of already answered topics related with your issue. And finally, if haven't found any help here in the forum archive, then you create a new topic with your issue, mentioning all the steps you have made, to facilitate other users here to help you.

Cheers,