Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Unable to Store Favorites

Narska
Advocate

When saving a favorite i get this message:

"Unable to store Favorite

Check the status of the library part and its script, then try again."

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be here?

I can't save favorites for library parts from the stock Archicad 26 library when my library is uploaded to BIMcloud.

Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 9.03.32 AM.png
Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect
5 REPLIES 5

I’ve never come across that error before. Could it be a communication issue with BIMcloud?

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

It's got to be a migration thing, but I don't know what.

If I open a new file from the stock Archicad template, delete the 26 library, and import the BIMcloud 26 library, I can save favorites. So it's not a BIMcloud or library issue. All my projects that started before 26 (all of them) can't save favorites.

Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect

Is your BIMcloud on your local network or do you use the paid for service from Graphisoft?

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

Local

Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect

Ok. Migration doesn’t work for BIMcloud libraries. You will see there is a broken link icon if your go in to Library Settings. You will need to remove all of the Libraries loaded from the BIMcloud Server and then add all the new AC26 versions. BIMcloud Basic only supports one version of AC which means AC can’t automatically migrate the libraries. It normally adds local versions of the AC26 Library and the Migration Libraries which will need removing and replacing with the BIMcloud ones. 

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.2)