Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Unequal ANGLED BEAMS- changing cross-sect angle- LOOK AT PIC

Anonymous
Not applicable
Gday all,

I have PAR CHANNEL BEAMS (PCB) on 5 Degree angles longitudinally and now I want to put some UNEQUAL ANGLED BEAMS (UAB) on top of the PCB- so therefore I need the cross section of the UAB's at 5 degrees...I think it might be easier to look at the picture. If I change the angle of the UAB's in the PARAMETERS, it changes the angle longitudinally....so how do you change the angle cross-sectionally?

SORRY ABOUT THE PIC..how do you save the pic as a .gif?

THANKS

Andrew
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
You have to change the parameter "rotation axis" from "along cross-section bottom line" to "along axis" then you can modify the angle as you want.

Regards, Ede
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ede,

I don't have any tab that says that...it just has "Angle" and no arrows you can click on to expand etc etc....HOWEVER...I have this other library called AustralianEssentialLibrary.pla and it has a command called "Roll of Angle" and that is what I am after...I drew up my beams in that then tried to ecopy/paste the beam to my original drawing that uses the generic AC9 library but it says missing object....how would I go about exporting that beam into the generic AC9 Library? I tried to Copy/paste my drawing to the drawing using AUSTRALIANESSENTIALLIBRARY.pla but same deal.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Sorry I didn't know that your library is different from mine but if you want you can edit it and insert more parameters

open the library part
1. insert on the beginning of the 3D script : rotx ro
2. in the parameters rollout insert new (as in shown in the image)
3. in the 2D script select all and insert before all rows an exclamation mark then type: project2 3, 270, 2

- then save and load from the library manager

Regars, Ede

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!