Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Unify walls like lines to polylines

Yvonne
Advocate
Is it possible to unify walls like you would lines into polylines?
AC26 | Win11 | 64 bit | 32Gb RAM | Intel i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Yvonne wrote:
Is it possible to unify walls like you would lines into polylines?
Short answer - no.

Long answer...
There are separate line and polyline tools.
Unifying separate joined lines will convert them into a polyline.
There is no polyline wall tool so this can't be done.
You can group separate walls.
Even drawing with the continuous wall option will result in separate walls that are automatically grouped.

However, if your walls are in a straight line (i.e. the reference lines appear to be in a continuous straight line), then you can use the EDIT menu > RESHAPE > MERGE WALLS command.
This will convert the multiple walls into one wall, but also change it to a 'Custom' complex profile wall.
You can simply then select it and change it back to a standard or composite wall type of your choosing.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Red
Advocate
However, if your walls are in a straight line (i.e. the reference lines appear to be in a continuous straight line), then you can use the EDIT menu > RESHAPE > MERGE WALLS command.
This will convert the multiple walls into one wall, but also change it to a 'Custom' complex profile wall.
You can simply then select it and change it back to a standard or composite wall type of your choosing.
Thank you, I have never noticed that before.

I was literally looking for a "Unify" for walls like mentioned above. I never really thought about it till yesterday ironically, but I came across an instance where it would have been nice to have that feature.
Thanks,
Red
i7 8700k
ROG Strix Z390-E MoBo
64gb RAM
EVGA GeForce GTX 2080