Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Update Level dim w/ Gravity?

Tom Krowka
Booster
Have a slab upon which I placed a level dimension with Gravity to slab activated. I elevate the slab, I would think that the level dim. would change appropriately. It does not.
If I delete and place a new one, correct elevation shows up. This can't be right. How can I update the level dim once I change slab elevation.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
5 REPLIES 5
Tom Krowka
Booster
Part two of this issue....

Am trying to set level dim of the slab relative to altitude. The slab is set 8" above the setting of the altitude, which is set in climate data in the energy calculator. When I set the dim relative to altitude with gravity to slab, the dim always give me the altitude, not the altitude of the slab, which should be 8" more.

Am I missing the whole big picture here?
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Tom:

Works here. When the Level Dimension is selected, does the Slab temporarily highlight to show that the Level Dimension is associate with the Slab? Are you on 15 or 16?

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Tom Krowka
Booster
Slab does not highlight, only the dim. Am using V 16, most current.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Tom:

If the Slab is not highlighting, then the Level Dimension is not associated to the Slab. You should recheck the Gravity setting before placing the Level Dimension.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Tom Krowka
Booster
Discovered my problem, and as usual a simple solution. Static dimension was checked on the level dialogue box. Duh!
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Learn and get certified!