Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Use of Eye Drop and Syringe

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

What is the best way to use the eye drop and syringe to change ONLY the height of a railing from the higher to the shorter railing vice versa without affecting the length? Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just grab the rail in the 3D window and drag it up (or down) to the correct height
Anonymous
Not applicable
Stuart, yes I can do that, but I wanted to know if it can be done via the eye drop and syringe tools. There are instances where one may want to change several items similar to the railing example and using the eye drop and syringe would make it easier. If it is not doable, it would be good to know that as well. Thanks.
RandyC
Advocate
The eyedropper and syringe takes on all parameters of the object so it would take on the length of the object as well as the height , color , material etc.
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Randy, thanks.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Cheikh:

Another option is to copy and paste the Top value in the Info Box from one object to the other.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David, thanks for the suggestion.