BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Using Decorative Sunshade AC14

Anonymous
Not applicable
In many of the Decorative Sunshades (Shutters) that I see in the field, the Shutter is often about 50% of the size of the window. In the Decorative sunscreen options of windows within the AC14 Library, the Width of the Sunshade can NOT be modified. Any way around this, or do I just have to scatter my plan with individual Shutter objects?
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is a real example
Anonymous
Not applicable
Using Shutter object
Anonymous
Not applicable
Side Question - Does anyone know where the Material settings for the Gang Material between the windows is set? For this window it is displaying as dark gray for some reason.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Gang (Sash) is also displayed as Gray in the Photo Rendering
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone see a Solution for this?
Or Agree that Decorative Sunshade/Shutter needs to have the Ability to have an editable Width at least. Decorative Shutters are not usually wide enough to actually cover the Window and are often one half of the required dimension.

The Above Statement got me thinking about choosing the "Folded" option of the Sunshade, but it stated that I have a Reveal Problem. Instead of fighting the reveal problem I choose the "Regular" Shade option and 4 Panels and Symmetrically placed. This seems like the Solution.

In Attached image the Larger window has the Regular Sunshade with 4 Panels placed Symmetrically. the Small window has Decorative Sunshades.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The remaining Plan inconsistency is the Plan view which shows the "4 Panels" (2 at each side of window) when in reality there is only one sunshade on each side.
CropperCapture[10].jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Because the Sunshade can not have the width modified, the Decorative Sunshades placed on the sides of the Larger window packages still not to be manually placed using the "Shutter Rectangular 14" Library Part. Therefore any modifications to the window and the object may also need to be modified.

Hoping for a better more editable Window Shutter (Sunshade) Parameter.
Erika Epstein
Booster
This has been brought up before.
Users should be able to input the width and height of shutter. I include all the dimensions because often projects reuse shutters, they are not all bought new.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
There is an Option to Adjust the Height, but it is 1/2 implemented, since it seems to lock the bottom of the Shutter and not allow for offset.
Learn and get certified!