BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Using custom railing macro with Stairmaker?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, everyone

I had to modify some structural dimensions in one of the railing macros that come with ArchiCAD (Rail Posts with Balusters). Now I have a standalone railing object and a modified macro loaded with my custom library.

Is there a way to include that custom macro on the list that appears for railing choices when you edit the ArchiCAD stair object so it could be auto-generated with the stair?

Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Stairmaker does not use the railing objects from the library, but rather it's own scripted railings.

If you use ArchiCAD21 and onwards, there is a new stair tool and a new railing tool that solves this problem.

I never use stairmaker railings myself in ArchiCAD20 and before, you can use most of the railing objects from the library on a slope and curved etc, so with a few adjustments, you can place them with stairs.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Stairmaker does not use the railing objects from the library, but rather it's own scripted railings.

If you use ArchiCAD21 and onwards, there is a new stair tool and a new railing tool that solves this problem.

I never use stairmaker railings myself in ArchiCAD20 and before, you can use most of the railing objects from the library on a slope and curved etc, so with a few adjustments, you can place them with stairs.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!