BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Using the New Complex Parametric Profiles in a Detail or Worksheet Window

Is there a way to use a complex profile in a 2D worksheet or detai? Specifically, is there an object to place a parametric profile into a 2d workspace for use in creating standard parametric objects for detailing?

Someone at GS produced such an object two beta tests ago as a demonstration piece, but it did not make it into the actual ARCHICAD Library.

Want!
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
2 REPLIES 2
It is not possible at the moment (the "normal" parametric profiles) as the GDL objects do not have any connection to the stretching elements of such profiles.
Some parametricity could be achieved, however i would rather "design" such element purely in GDL not in profile manager, or it could be achieved by "specific" zones stretching - I mean some nodes located in specific position (defined in GDL object) maybe could mimic the parametric profile usage but it would be cumbersome.
Some offsetting edges could be done, but either when selecting a proper edge by number, or allowing all edges to be "offset-able" (via polygon editing addon).

Best Regards,
Piotr
Hey Pitr,

Thanks for your comments.

I'm looking to gain widespread and standard use for detailing tools and practices across a firm of 60 users. The interface for the complex profile manager would go a long way toward getting our detailing gurus to work more closely with other team members and would hopefully produce more consistent results faster.

Details evolve in a back and forth process, right? Making the 2D and 3D more seamless would be a real move forward.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Learn and get certified!