Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

V25 - Door ID from Zone

gdford
Advisor

I really think I understand how to setup doors to read the door ID from the room ID. I have been doing this for years.... but I have something here I can not explain.

Here are the steps.

1. Open New V25 USA to the default template that comes out of the box (V25 is up to date)
  2. Build to rooms with a common wall
  3. Place Zones in both rooms that auto fit to walls
  4. Select the door tools which defaults to D1 Commercial 25
  5. Change the setting for the door Marker Content to use Room ID for the Marker Text
  6. Place two doors on the common wall with one opening into each zone.
  7. Both door markers read the zone number not of the hinge side of the door, but from the other side of the door.
  8. If I select both doors and change them into any other door, the door marker now reads the zone number they open into
  9. If i select both doors and change them back to D1 Commercial 25 then now the door marker reads the zone number they open into

Any Thoughts?

Thanks

Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
1 REPLY 1
Eric Bobrow
Enthusiast

@gdford In D1 Commercial 25, open up the METAL DOOR SETTINGS > Description and check or uncheck the first parameter "Door belongs to the Zone into which it opens". This will allow you to choose between the Zones to get the result you need.

This parameter may have a different default than other doors in the USA library, I haven't checked.