BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Vectorial 3d Hatching

griggadee
Contributor
Hi folks,

Regarding my elevations, can anyone advise how I can select one colour for my vectorial hatching (fills) and another for my outlines?

The 'Vectorial 3D Hatching' box is ticked in the Elevation Settings, but I can't seem to find out how to select one colour for the hatching and another for the uncut lines, i.e. the outlines of my elevations. I have attached a jpeg image showing what I need, on the left, and what I get, on the right.

Naturally, I can achieve this by using fills, but this is extremely time consuming and I would like to find a more practical, automatic solution instead.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Paul Griggs BSc (Hons) MCIAT MCIOB
Chartered Architectural Technologist
AC23, i5 3570K Processor, 16gb RAM, NVidia 570GTX Graphics Card, 250gb SSD Drive
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, man!

This makes by some combo of settings: 1) Outline pen in object options 2) Hatching pen in Material options
2016-06-04_20-07-14 (2).png
griggadee
Contributor
Hi Int_Skylined,

It took me a while to find the material options, but when I did, they allowed me to do exactly what I needed! Thanks very much for the help!

For those of you with the same issue, you can find the vectorial hatching pen settings in the 'Surface Settings' options. See attached jpeg.

Cheers,
Surface Settings.jpg
Paul Griggs BSc (Hons) MCIAT MCIOB
Chartered Architectural Technologist
AC23, i5 3570K Processor, 16gb RAM, NVidia 570GTX Graphics Card, 250gb SSD Drive
Learn and get certified!