Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Vectorial hatching behind transparent windows - in Elevation

cmorel
Participant
In elevation, the vectorial hatching is shown everywhere but behind the transparent windows.
Transparency and vectorial hatching are checked in the settings.
The glass material has the "air space" vectorial hatching. But it creates the same result with any transparent type of hatching.
I tried putting the glass curtain wall on a wireframe layer, but then all becomes transparent (even the frames!).

Not sure what to do as it is important that I show the brick hatching continuing inside the building.
the only option I see it to remove all the glass panels!
any better advice?

thanks
Caroline
AC 19 - 27 USA
OS Sonoma
MacBook Pro - 32GB
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This is something that was not possible to achieve by setting the Transparency value of the Glass' Material to 100.
In ARCHICAD 18 this was implemented:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg-QxXzk0MU

In AC16 I would recommend the following workaround: create a Custom Sash for the Window. This Sash would be composed of only the wooden sash frame, with no Glass geometry. Then save it as a Custom Window Sash and use this Sash in all those Windows. Then there will be no glass geometry and you will see the Wall surface's Vectorial Hatching in Section/Elevation Viewpoints.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
cmorel
Participant
Thanks Laszlo for the prompt and precise reply!
I am in the last few days before my defense so I will not download ArchiCad 18, but I am glad this is addressed!
Caroline
AC 19 - 27 USA
OS Sonoma
MacBook Pro - 32GB