Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.

Very Basic Error

ares997
Contributor
I am trying to complete some basic tests with the GH connection and I am coming up with this error:

1. Data conversion failed from Point to Curve

Not sure what it means. I have tried rebuilding the script but it doesn't seem to work.

Error.JPG
Archicad 25 (5005), Windows 11, AMD RYZEN 7 3900 (64 GB RAM)
4 REPLIES 4
leceta
Expert
the beam component is expecting a curve, but you input a list of points instead.

Grasshopper is quite intelligent in converting data types on the fly, but as you see in this case, the conversion from a list of Points to Curve is not implemented.
ares997
Contributor
How would I fix that issue? I now the obvious answer is to make it a curve but how would I do that? I am following this example.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKaMT1LjM7o&index=3&list=PLnXY6vLUwlWVbjRRaYHLBxcAQoOhF3m5Y
example.JPG
leceta
Expert
use column components for vertical elements and fit them with the points derived from curve subdivision

use beam for horizontal ones, this time using curves.

the video you are referring does is this way

I guess your error is that you are trying to create the vertical component with the beam tool
ares997
Contributor
I followed the example precisely and it wasn't functioning correctly. I also went through a few other examples and they seem to fail as well. It would be nice to have the example script to reference and compare to from Graphisoft.