Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

View of Reference Lines only. Is it possible?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.
I would like to setup a set of Views aiming to help the setting-out in constructions fields of reference meassurements.

Is it possible?

In Graphic Overrides I am not able to override Reference Lines Type.
3 REPLIES 3
Yes. If I understand the question. There is probably more than one way to do what you need. You can make a wall that will display only a line where the reference line is if that is what you need. And you can make that line any type you want.
https://www.screencast.com/t/aaYIbwpCnI

What your asking about might be the typical 2-line walls of a plan that shows only the core/framing with dimensions only to one edge of the core.

This is a common way to show Floor Plans that the Framer likes to use because it does not show any of the other wall skins that he does not care about. Is that what you need?

If you can show a picture of what you want it to look like I am sure it can be done with ArchiCAD, no matter what it is.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

I'd like to print a plan with core wall outlines and the Reference Lines with a linetype assignable to the Reference Line. Don't think that's possible.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Agree with Aaron.

@Steve, your solution is not printable.
It is only showable in screen.

I want this reference-line highlighting to become printable and customizable.