BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Volkswagen Cars - GDL models

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello to everyone !

Just a simple question from a Volkswagen Dealer Building Consultant:

If all the new Volkswagen cars (incl. Phaeton, Tourag, Touran, Golf V etc.) would be available as GDL-Objects, how much would that be worth to you ?
Per model or for the whole package of 12 cars ?
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Schramm wrote:
If all the new Volkswagen cars (incl. Phaeton, Tourag, Touran, Golf V etc.) would be available as GDL-Objects, how much would that be worth to you ?
Would we have to pay to get these objects ????

Mercedes released their cars as DXF objects for free !
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, dxf and gdl.... I think we all know the difference...

What I`m talking about are full parametric models (doors closed/open, driver on/off, body colour changeable, lights on / off, etc....)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry - 3D of course !!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Schramm wrote:
Well, dxf and gdl.... I think we all know the difference...

What I`m talking about are full parametric models (doors closed/open, driver on/off, body colour changeable, lights on / off, etc....)
The Parametric GDL version of these models was freely released by Studio Arkada...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Only a Golf III, a beetle and the transporter.

Once again, I`m talking about Phaeton, Touareg, Golf V, Multivan T5, LT, Touran, Lupo. Polo, New Beetle, and some more
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmm....let say 1000 $ would be fine ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Was this ever executed? Have a customer doing VW showrooms and this would be very interesting
Nader Belal
Mentor
@Geoffroy Magnan
Mercedes released their cars as DXF objects for free !

Really? Where?
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
Learn and get certified!