BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Volleyball Court Settings

Johann_P
Advocate
I'm trying to change the volleyball court dimensions.
I believe the FIVB (Fédération Internationale de Volleyballl) beach volleyball rules require 8m x 16m

The settings seems greyed out and I cant seem to find where/how to change it?

ArchiCAD24 - since Nov 2020
Revit - 2005 to 2020
Windows 10 Pro
2 screens: nvidia quadro RTX 4000
5 REPLIES 5
Podolsky
Ace
It looks like you cannot change these dimensions. It's limitation of GDL script.

You actually can try to open the script (if you know a little bit GDL) and try to modify it. Otherwise you can just explode the object into Morph and manually change it.
Lingwisyer
Guru
Well it is locked to the standard volleyball court size. Just save out a new copy as beach volleyball?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Johann_P
Advocate
I've opened and saved copies of the volley ball court, changed the parameters to what I need, and even deleted the "locked" command.

Still the court size remains unchanged and un-editable.

Any other advice perhaps?

ArchiCAD24 - since Nov 2020
Revit - 2005 to 2020
Windows 10 Pro
2 screens: nvidia quadro RTX 4000
DGSketcher
Legend
I opened up the library part and it looks like it has been hard coded with absolute values e.g. you would have to go step by step through the GDL scripts to make them parametric or change them to the values you want.

As has been suggested, if this is a one off case, you could just convert the object to Morphs and then stretch the morphs to what you need. If it's a repeating object then you could consider editing the GDL, or if you don't know enough or anything of GDL an alternative would be to save the morphed object as a module file (.MOD), that way should you need to change it there is only the one instance to alter. Once created you can Hotlink the Module file into your model.

With the Module option, I would open a new file, add the court on the ground floor, convert it to a morph, stretch as required and finally Save As a new module file. You can then return to you main project and import it with File > External Content > Place Hotlink.

This may help: https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/24/INT/#t=_AC24_Help%2F080_Collaboration%2F080_Collaboration-58.htm&r...
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Podolsky
Ace
Or you just model your own court from slabs. Stretch the slab is easier and faster than modify a morph.

You also can save your new court as GDL object: File / Libraries and Objects / Save Selection As... / Object
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!