BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

W Sliding3 15

Craig Bagley
Contributor
This is a stock window in the US AC15 Library, 3 panel slider, fixed middle pane, slider on each side.

Does anyone know how to edit this window to make the panes unequal, so I can have a larger fixed middle pane with two smaller vents?
AC20 USA/Build 8005
15" MBP, 16 GB RAM
macOS 10.13.6
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
Don't see any parameters to do that (seems pretty useless without them - how could a slider be of any use if the center fixed pane isn't at least as big as the sum of both sliders?)

You might have to just gang three windows together to get the appearance you need - which is fine in all views except schedules.

If a commercial frame, there's always Encina's free-to-some-markets Modular Joinery object.

This is the kind of thing that Cadimage's (somewhat expensive IMHO) Door/Window product handles well - visually add sashes with the desired operation and the resulting assembly is still scheduled as one window.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Craig Bagley
Contributor
Karl wrote:
Don't see any parameters to do that (seems pretty useless without them - how could a slider be of any use if the center fixed pane isn't at least as big as the sum of both sliders?)
Precisely the question that the window's author should have asked!

I'm finding my search for a simple typical residential slider quite annoying and frustrating. Similar rantings are scattered throughout this forum.

I'm playing with Cadimage's door/window package, the Modular Joinery object (AC14 version was the only one I could get), the Real Doors+Windows package, and something called MultiWindow DL. In all cases they are one or two parameters shy of being the complete deal (skin wraps vs. no skin wraps, aprons vs. no aprons, that sort of thing). I'll undoubtedly end up using one of them, but why all this workaround for something so common as a residential slider is beyond my comprehension.

Thanks, Karl.
AC20 USA/Build 8005
15" MBP, 16 GB RAM
macOS 10.13.6
Karl Ottenstein
You're welcome.

Totally agree: out-of-the-box ArchiCAD should and must deliver flexible windows and doors that work in 99% of all typical situations. That decades after its introduction, this is still not the case - and we have obscenely complex parts that don't do what people need, is a real shame.

I bought/tried Cadimage and was frustrated with skin wraps (siding pull-back from exterior trim), trim that cannot have different widths vertical vs horizontal, mullions that use the wrong materials on the interior and some other issues - things that should not be encountered in a $400+ product either.

If you find one of the other products does the trick, please post - I'm ready for something usable too.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!