Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

WIDO_ORIG_DIST Sign flip

Can anyone think of a reason that WIDO_ORIG_DIST would return a positive value in the model and the settings dialog, and a negative value in the report window, at the same time?

Or, is there another way to let a curved window know whether the reveal side is inside or outside the curve?

Screen Shot 2015-07-15 at 1.33.29 PM.png
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Does this help?:

http://ja.archicadwiki.com/Global%20GDL%20Parameters#WIDO_ORIG_DIST

The description of the variable may give the explanation to this riddle, especially this part:
The variable returns values with opposite signs in the Floor Plan and the 3D Window. If you look at Chapter 12.1 in the GDL manual you will see that the way a Window/Door is generated in 3D is that it is rotated 90 degrees around its own X-axis. This way a direction that was positive Y on the Floor Plan Window becomes negative Z in the 3D Window and a direction that was negative Y on the Floor Plan Window becomes positive Z in the 3D Window. So if the variable returned 1.6 meters in the Floor Plan Window it will return –1.6 meters in the 3D Window.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Thanks Laszlo, it makes sense from a strict geometry perspective. But it's crazy-making for a user. It is consistent, once I reversed my interior/exterior logic in the 2D script. I don't know how I missed that page while searching, but I very grateful for you pointing it out.
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You are welcome.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum