BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Waiting onAC14 Hotfix #1

I'm starting to get vexed at the number of times in a day that AC14 crashes. I'm filing bug reports, but am just about ready to stop. Mostly the crash comes when AC is idling. Solo projects or TW - it matters not.

Command+S is my friend these days.

Just about time for a Hotfix don't you think?
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
21 REPLIES 21
Stuart Smith
Booster
We are having the same problems and have gone back to working in 13 to get work done.
I contacted support@graphisoft.com and our reseller.
On Friday, tech support sent an email saying our issue would be addressd in a Hotfix that should come out in "the next few weeks".
Fingers crossed.
v26 3010 USA
MacOS 12.6
AC user since 8.1
Karl Ottenstein
I also strongly encourage saving often with the current release of 14.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
JaredBanks
Mentor
Stuart,

I heard a similar thing from one of my contacts in Houston as well...
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
updated the Cadimage Tools yesterday. All of them.

ArchiCAD ran all night without a crash.
Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aaron wrote:
updated the Cadimage Tools yesterday. All of them.

ArchiCAD ran all night without a crash.
A just downloaded most recent C.I. D&W-14 tool last night and for now will get an error with default door handle in 3d. It's set to 0.0.
Easy fix, just up to some real number.
the idling ArchiCAD / overnight crashing has returned. 😞
Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Chazz
Enthusiast
Most of my crashes seem to be proceeded by memory warnings (which I think are totally specious given the 12Gigs of RAM on the machine and not much else running). I get one or more crashes a day, much more when intensively using the tool. It sort of presents as a memory leak: ie crashing gets worse the longer you have AC open. Therefore I would amend Karl's warning to read "quit often." This would be funner if AC was not such a slow loader.

Overall, I find the level of stability in this software to be unacceptable.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Memory leaks seem to be pretty standard fare in a new application or a new release. Am I right to think that they would be patching the holes first and then working at the functional bugs?
Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
DVH
Participant
Aaron wrote:
the idling ArchiCAD / overnight crashing has returned. 😞

I have been experiencing the CRASHING when AC14 is running in the background or siting IDLE, and when simply opening a settings window for a line or a wall or even a note. I has become so bad that I am looking to reinstall the entire AC14 from the CD.
What's interesting about this, is that it all started within a few hours of installing ACCESSORIES less than a week ago. I wanted to use the standing seam roof accessories, so I downloaded Accessories from the AC web site... and the accessories did not install correctly and I have been paying for it ever since. I have crashed 20 times in less than a week.
What's bad about this is that I have sent two emails to Tech Support about this and have not received one response.
I'm going to do the reinstall of AC from CD and will let you know if anything gets better.
Dwayne Van Horn
Dwayne Van Horn - Architect & AC User Since 1994
AC_27 MacBook Pro M3 Max, OSX 14.3
Levin Brown Architects, 2016- Present
Learn and get certified!