BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall Accessories Problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want my model to look neat and clean, for my 2 story building I used 2 composite walls and a composite slab in between them, replying on element priorities for proper intersections.

But when I add the wall framing things look terrible. The framing automatically gets linked to the second story, crossing through the floor joists, this is because the height of the wall decides the height of the framing.

Now my question is, is there a parameter in the dialog that controls the offset from wall top (or wall base)? The "Top Edge" option doesn't do anything. I really hate having to make special walls just to accommodate for the framing.

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Dontknow
Enthusiast
I haven't got a solution to your problem.
Curious though were you've downloaded this 'Wall Accessories'.
I can't seem to find it.
Architectural construction designer, draftsman, modeller
ArchiCAD 25.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You can download and install the accessories from help > goodies, it should lead you to download page to install addons from Graphisoft that are not included in ArchiCAD installation.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Dontknow
Enthusiast
Erwin wrote:
You can download and install the accessories from help > goodies, it should lead you to download page to install addons from Graphisoft that are not included in ArchiCAD installation.
I've looked there but no 'Wall Accessories'.
ArchiCAD 25.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Dontknow wrote:
Erwin wrote:
I've looked there but no 'Wall Accessories'.
It's part of the Accessories Add-On.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Dontknow
Enthusiast
David wrote:
It's part of the Accessories Add-On.
Ah, found it! Thnx.
Sorry about that. Was all a bit off-topic.
Back to the problem of alexwang32!
ArchiCAD 25.
Learn and get certified!