BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall Composite priorities

Anonymous
Not applicable
With v17 I can't find where to adjust the priorities like in v15 for wall leaf intersections.
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
In 17, composite skins join, penetrate, or block other skins based on the priorities of the Building Material of each skin... The new Building Materials attribute handles this.

A cool method of adjusting the intersections is to select a placed composite wall and then open the Building Material dialog and sort on the priority column. The materials in the selected composite will be highlighted, and you can drag them up or down in the list to change their priority relative to the other materials, visually seeing the priorities of the other skins for that composite.

It's all a radically new way of working compared to all earlier versions of AC and requires reading the various help resources, watching the videos, etc - and playing in plan and section views to really see how powerful this is. A major leap forward.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your help Karl. Yes it's pretty cool!
I think I had better change to the v17 work environment now.
Change is as good as a holiday so here we go again!
Learn and get certified!