BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall Constraints

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to set a constraint on a wall to be along the X-axis or Y-axis? I find walls which are not straight many times, which has an angle of less than one degree, probably me being sloppy. Is there any way to mark a set of walls and tell them that they must be along some axis?
6 REPLIES 6
Karl Ottenstein
No, you have to model them correctly in the first place. Be sure to use the shift key or a guideline to constrain - not simply clicking in space or assuming that a convenient snap point will result in a perfectly orthogonal wall.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Ted Taylor
Contributor
There was a long discussion concerning this some time back. May be helpful.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=53498&start=20&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highligh...
Ted Taylor
Atlanta, GA , USA
iMac (Retina 5K, 27", Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5 32GB
AMD Radeon R9 M395 2GB
OS10.14.2,
Latest Archicad 22
Anonymous
Not applicable
Archicad Guru Link commented on a solution HERE and loaded an object to the Object Depository HERE which will check walls for orthogonal-ness. Maybe give it a go. It will at least find any other walls which may be out of square, which could be part of the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
That label is fantastic for QA! Thanks for linking it
s2art wrote:
Archicad Guru Link commented on a solution HERE and loaded an object to the Object Depository HERE which will check walls for orthogonal-ness. Maybe give it a go. It will at least find any other walls which may be out of square, which could be part of the problem.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Thanks but it was James Murray who coded it! I just had the idea.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Many thanks to James also then!!
Link wrote:
Thanks but it was James Murray who coded it! I just had the idea.

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!