Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall Intersections Broken

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not sure what happened. All of the wall connection points have broken (see image). I've attempted to use the auto intersection selection (no change).

How do I get the wall connections back?

Thank you,
Robert HJ Akins
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
Check to see if your On-Screen View Option for 'clean wall intersections' is turned off. This option has always existed to allow troubleshooting of reference lines. You might have accidentally clicked the toolbar button, or maybe you have a shortcut key mapped to this command and accidentally hit that?

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the response.

That was something I had tried toggling, but it had no effect.

The corners corrected when I changed the Intersection Group Number for both the interior and exterior walls.

It's odd though, because previously the corners worked with the original intersection group number settings.
Barry Kelly
ACW wrote:
The corners corrected when I changed the Intersection Group Number for both the interior and exterior walls.

It's odd though, because previously the corners worked with the original intersection group number settings.

Don't forget that the intersection group number is stored in each layer combination.
So you can get different effects depending on the layer combination you are currently using.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11